I believe, that “Food Is Medicine”, because it simply is! If you knew you could help heal your body, just by consuming the right foods, why wouldn’t you want to? SO, it’s time to talk JUICING and there are of course, certain juice blends which create the perfect detox storm! Yes, all fruits and vegetables contain essential properties and benefits which our bodies crave, and I juice not only because juicing is a wonderful for the inner foodie in me, but I know that each juice is like consuming a medicinal cocktail of colors. So, GRAB A GREEN, and let’s get started!
Just so you know, the juice blends I am about to introduce to you, don’t necessarily have to be prepared at home; if you’re constantly on-the-go, you can look for or request these specific blends at a nearby juicery or health food market!
1 Orange-Carrot-Giner Tonic
My newest favorite, the blend of orange and carrots rocked may world, and made me feel incredibly energetic (believe me, this is rare in my world). Carrots are of course, one of the highest contributors of Vitamin A (an essential powerhouse vitamin), as well as vitamins C, K, D & E. Carrots also contain Magnesium, Potassium and Calcium; combined with essential trace-minerals and high levels of vitamin C and naturally occurring Folic Acid from Oranges, this juice is a Powerhouse in itself. Blended with lemons and ginger, the juice has become anti-inflammatory, a phenomenal hydrator, and an aid for nausea and digestive issues. Not to mention, if proper amounts of ginger and lemon are used, it’s become my favorite juice (in terms of taste) for a reason!
A Few More Benefits
- Stay Energized: Water is one of the most important sources of energy for the body. If you’re going to start 2015 off with a bang, you need to give your body the liquid fuel is needs to help you reach your goals.
- Bone and Joint Health: Cartilege is made up of mostly water so when we don’t stay hydrated, our bones and joints won’t have the proper lubrication and we will feel stiff and achey (and less eager to get moving.)
- Slows Down Aging: Drinking water is one of the easiest ways to flush out toxins from the body. The less toxins in your body, the more your skin will glow and the younger you will look. Plus, water is a whole lot cheaper than botox.
Orange Carrot Ginger Juice
Juicing Methods are optional (Use ORGANIC Produce if able)
2 Lemon Beet Juice
First, let’s be clear over the never-ending benefits of this juice blend…
- Beets are packed with lots of essential nutrients including folate, manganese, potassium, iron, betaine and vitamin C. They are excellent with it comes to flushing the liver as well as optimizing our red cells’ utilization of oxygen. All of that plus anti-inflammatory benefits, makes them a true power veggie!
- Lemons are high in immune boosting vitamin C and helps out with potassium and vitamin B6. They are highly alkalizing and are widely known for their detoxifying and antioxidant properties (hello pretty skin). They also help balance out the earthy quality of the beets. Oh and if you are like me (a little anemic), all that vitamin C helps out with iron absorption.
- Ginger is a powerhouse in juices. Thanks to gingerols, ginger has powerful anti-inflammatory effects, aids in digestion and relieves bloating. There is no need to peel ginger before adding to the juice. Scrub it clean, cut a piece off then push it through your juicer. If you’re sensitive to ginger’s warming/spicy quality, add a smaller amount at first and go from there.
- Cucumber is high in vitamin A, B complex, vitamin C and folic acid. It’s aids in cell hydration, regulating body temperature and eases inflammation. It’s high silica content also helps to alleviate skin problems, hair loss and strengthens nails. We love adding cucumber to our juices — it tastes mild and adds lots of mineral-rich water. There’s also lots of research looking into cucumbers’ anti-cancer properties. We prefer to use the thinner skinned varieties of cucumbers — hot house or English cucumbers are perfect.
One of my favorite things about this juice, is it’s almost earthy taste and it’s stinging, energizing zing…
Lemon Beet Juice
-2 medium beets, scrubbed clean and tops trimmed
-1 medium seedless (hothouse or English) cucumber, rinsed
-1-inch length piece fresh ginger, scrubbed clean
-1 medium lemon
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 2 apples
- 2 carrots
- ½ lemon
- 2 celery sticks
- 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled
So, yes there seems to be a ginger, lemon pattern going on here, and for good reason. Have a Juicing Detox Favorite, you’d like to share? Comment Below, and contact me so we can get started!
Keep Calm and Carrot on!